This month has been a manic one. What has happened is that all our cash has disappeared, we're still not sure how (denial there), but alas...it's all gone.
Now to the point. With no cash in the bank and obviously a need to at least feed ourselves we have been again rocking the toast/grilling machine to add some much needed zing to an otherwise boring meal. Our post about our love for this kitchen appliance can be found here.
However, it seems these boring meals have spread into the evening with not even a chili or lasagna that could feed us for a week in sight! Making a really cheap meal can be difficult, (Pot Noodles don't count!) finding time is a massive factor and when your poor, pasta for 100th time can get tedious.
So i offer up the Pikey Pie for you all to try. It's basic, cheap and quick, but can still inspire even the most hungry of creatives. Here's how to make it.
Ingredients - Pack of fish fingers (bird's eye preferred), two tins of baked beans (heinz), potatoes, butter, milk, cheese, salt and pepper
Once you've got them...
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees and boil some water in a large pan.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes and put them on the boil.
3. Get a dish and create a layer of fish fingers (still frozen) on the bottom.
4. Then put your baked beans on top.
5. When the potatoes are soft, mash em up with some butter, milk, salt and pepper.
6. Put the mash on the beans.
7. To finish, grate some cheese on top.
Put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes and you have turned something simple into something great. Hopefully, if you do try it you'll feel properly fed and ready to deal with another day in advertising.
Trust us, you'll taste the difference.