Monday 14 September 2009

Is there a point when we’re just going to lose track?

I was thinking about my ‘digital life’ this morning. All the websites and social utilities I use on a day today basis or now and again.

So I started to list them…

Facebook
Netvibes
Flickr
Ebay
Nike +

Then I looked at my bookmark bar and knew this list wasn’t going to be a small one.

So, I continued.

Myspace
Yahoo mail
Itunes account
Nokia music store account
Skyfire
Hotmail
Igoogle
Amazon
Paypal
My online bank account
Nokia Ovi file sharing
Qik video sharing
Digg
Youtube
1,2,3 Reg
Blogger
Ticketmaster
Last minute
Chain reaction cycles

As you can see there’s a lot. This isn’t even including all the email and RSS feeds I’m subscribed to.

There’s so much here and I seem to be signing up to more and more as the weeks go by.

I almost feel like I’ll keep signing up to websites and services and not know which one to use.

Shall I use Facebook or Myspace? Ovi or Flickr? Netvibes or igoogle, Last minute or Ticketmaster?

It's like I’m being spread too thin online. Where do I focus my attention? I've got all these services at my disposal and now i'm not sure which one to use.

Wouldn't it be good if they all just merged into one supreme website? And you got one user name and password and all of these websites functions.

Facebook connect seems to be the start of this idea. It's already started to be implemented into other platforms. It's quite basic at the moment, but i'm sure it will get more advanced.

Could we co-join everywhere we go online?

Hopefully someone will figure it out and then i might be able to get my 'digital life' back on track.

No comments: